My Fantasy MMORPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
My Fantasy MMORPG

A community of people who want to create a great fantasy online role playing game.
What's your fantasy?

3 posters

Race Class Restriction

Dustin Teh Ubermister
    [Rookie]

Normal Race Class Restriction

Post by Dustin Teh Ubermister June 10th 2009, 9:02 am

Is it really necessary that we restrict race to certain classes? We SHOULD have recommended and unrecommended classes, but of someone wants to be a thief Giant why not let them? Class restrictions are rather annoying to players and it destroys the optionality and uniqueness that players love. If someone wants to be an elf Knight let them (BAH TEH WAI, I don't understand why elves shouldn't be knights in the first place, as elves are also considered to have senses of honor and bravery as well as strength and dexterity. Sure they wont be going around hacking peoples guts out with a gigantic 2 handed axe, but they could at least have longsword's and maces. A recommended class should be shamans too). I'll try to post more later when there's nobody trying to sing rap music and making it harder for me to focus.
    Chisami
    Chisami
    [GM]

Normal Re: Race Class Restriction

Post by Chisami June 16th 2009, 8:41 pm

Well if there aren't class restrictions then it doesn't seem logical to me... how can something so large sneak about how can demons weild elements how can the dumbest race to exist (bird peeps) be scholars... if you want to take restrictions out then count me out of creation i put a lot of thought into everything I write what restrictions should be placed on each race is up for discussion though
    Kejin
    Kejin
    [Admin]

Post by Kejin June 17th 2009, 3:08 pm

As with humans in real life, some people are restricted by their bodies to be something they want. Only the fittest and smartest can be astronauts. People who are disabled from at least the waist down cannot do any sorts of construction, humans cannot be druids because their bodies can't handle shape shifting. Bird people cannot physically wield all of the intelligence required to be a scholar. And so on.

If you want to be realistic, humans can only be warriors, thieves, and archers. But we give them the benefit of the doubt and they can be other stuff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 3:50 pm