My Fantasy MMORPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
My Fantasy MMORPG

A community of people who want to create a great fantasy online role playing game.
What's your fantasy?

3 posters

No More Faradays: The Modern Education System and the Death of Creativity(rough draft)

Yggdrasil
    Yggdrasil
    [GM]

Normal No More Faradays: The Modern Education System and the Death of Creativity(rough draft)

Post by Yggdrasil June 5th 2009, 10:38 pm

not that any of you care but this is the beginings of an assay i've been working on: For those among you who don't know who Micheal Faraday is, he is the inventor of rerfidgeration, the dynamo, the electric motor and generator, and the busen burners all while making countless breakthroughs in the fields of electricity, magnetics, naval technology, not to mention founding the enviromentalist movement along with the study of forensics, just to list a few credentials. He even laid the groundwork for the theory of relativity!

With all these accomplishments under his belt one wonders where he studied, what prestigious univeristy did he study sciences? the ansewer is quite shocking by todays standards: he wasn't so much as home schooled! He taught himself virtually everything he knew and caught the eye of one of the major scientists of the day Sir Humphry Davy who took him in as an apprentice, though faradays only benefit from this arrangement was access to a formal laboratory and hard-to-come-by tools and chemicals.

How is such a thing possible you may ask? We are taught from a young age that education breeds inteligence, but Faraday seems to be the ultimate antithesis of this belief. Perhaps the greatest pre-eitstienian scientist since newton was an idiot savant? Any record of his behavior quickly dispells this hypothesis.

The truth of the matter is that put simply is that education does not breed intelligence but rather mines for it. Infact it strip mines for a very specific form of inteligence ravaging the mental envirmoent making it very difficult to expand the mind beyond what is learned. If Faraday Had been educated as a proffessor of chemistry at say oxford or harvard university using modern education standards, he would've never made a sigle breakthrough in electro magnetics where, despite focusing mainly on chemisty, he made his most influential discoveries.

As one ventures further into the realm of formal education they learn more and more about less and less narrowing their knowledge while believing they are expanding creating a sense of psuedo intelligence that thuroughly demolishes all we know as creativity
    Choas11111
    Choas11111
    [GM]

Normal Re: No More Faradays: The Modern Education System and the Death of Creativity(rough draft)

Post by Choas11111 June 5th 2009, 10:46 pm

sweet arron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how long did this take u to make? king
    Yggdrasil
    Yggdrasil
    [GM]

Normal Re: No More Faradays: The Modern Education System and the Death of Creativity(rough draft)

Post by Yggdrasil June 5th 2009, 10:52 pm

about an hour and a half
    15 minutes writng
    1 hour playing rock band
    5 minutes writing

its not finnished yet
    Chisami
    Chisami
    [GM]

Post by Chisami June 5th 2009, 10:59 pm

Putting our rants onto paper and reading it seriously puts a chill down my spine.. wow... and this is the field i plan to major in........ wow
    Choas11111
    Choas11111
    [GM]

Post by Choas11111 June 5th 2009, 11:01 pm

sweet XD keep it up!!!!!!!!!
    Chisami
    Chisami
    [GM]

Post by Chisami June 5th 2009, 11:02 pm

I believe you fail to see or your young mind won't allow for you to see the seriousness of this the school system is ruining your abilty to create thought
    Choas11111
    Choas11111
    [GM]

Post by Choas11111 June 5th 2009, 11:07 pm

i dont fail XD i just dont tell people my thought on paper...instead...i tell them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 17th 2024, 1:56 am