My Fantasy MMORPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
My Fantasy MMORPG

A community of people who want to create a great fantasy online role playing game.
What's your fantasy?

3 posters

-Wizard Class-

Kejin
    Kejin
    [Admin]

Sticky -Wizard Class-

Post by Kejin March 17th 2009, 4:52 pm

Since I've decided classes can have 2+ specs, I'll just shove all the kinds of mages into one, whatever you feel like doing will be totally up to the player.

Wizard: [i] Basically a person in cloth that specializes in any type of magic.

Shadow:
    One of the most iconic classes, the Black Mage is a magic user specializing in attack magic, Black Magic. Their weapons are generally restricted to rods and daggers. They are usually depicted wearing distinctive costumes consisting of a blue or black robe and a large conical, wide-brimmed hat which obscures their face, with two yellow eyes shining from within the shadow. The outfit of the Black Mages is similar to the generic appearance of a wizard.

-Wizard Class- Shadowtree

Tree: ALL THESE TREES ARE BASED ON THE LVL CAP BEING 20. Introduction perposes only.

[5 Increases critical strike damage of your shadow and fire spells by 5/10/15/20/25%]

[1: Shadow Bolt: 3 Sec Cast] -->[4 Increases the crit chance of shadow bolt by 1/2/3/5]
    |
    V

[{Linked w/Shadow Bolt} 5: Decreases the cast time of your Shadow Bolt by .1/.2/.3/.4/.5 seconds.]

[5: Increases Damage from damage over time abilities by 2/4/6/8/10%]
    |
    V

[{Linked with DoT Increaser} 1: Curse of Agony: Deals X Shadow Damage over time]

Fire Mage: Uses the powers of fire to scorch enemies. PvE damage tree.

Tree:

-Wizard Class- Firetree

[5: Increases fire damage you do by 1/2/3/4/5%]
    [1: Fireball: does x damage]->[Increases Crit chance of your fire spells by 1/2/3/5%]

[5: Your critical hits with fire cause the target to burn 1/2/3/4/5% of the damage over 5 seconds.][5]

[1: Fire Blast]

Frost Mage: Uses the powers of ice and water to defeat their foes, ice moves tend to have a lot of snaring effects to out run their foes, more of a pvp spec via damage.

Tree:

-Wizard Class- Frosttree

[1: Frostbolt]->[4: Permafrost: Increases the speed reduction of frostbolt by 5/10/15/20%]
    [4: Reduces the mana cost and threat of your frost spells by 5/10/15/20%]

[5: Increase the damage done by frost spells by 2/4/6/8/10%]
    [5: Increases the Critical Strike chance by 1/2/3/4/5% and damage of your critical strikes with your frost spells by 5/10/15/20/25%]

[{Linked with Crit enhancement}1: Cone of Cold]

Time Mage:
    A specialized wizard with the ability to manipulate the space-time continuum to speed up, slow down, or completely halt the passage of time; control celestial bodies; or influence the pull of gravity. Some call it the Time/Space Mage. Time magic is also referred to as green magic and Time Mages as Green Mages to conincide with the black/white/red/blue mage theme. Time Mages can typically wield rods and/or staves. Commonly depicted wearing tall, pointed wizard hats adorned with star and moon decorations.

Summoner:

Use Summoning Magic, which calls on powerful entities known as call beasts, espers, Guardian Force, eidolons, aeons, avatars, or simply Summon Monsters. These entities attack enemies, protect the party, or render other forms of aid. Summoners often use commands such as "Summon," but sometimes the command was instead known as "Call". As a magic-using class, summoners are typically shown to be physically frail as a trade-off for high magical potency, and can traditionally equip only light armaments such as clothing and robes. Summoners often use staves or rods for their offensive means. Many summoners feature a horn on the forehead and green robes.There is usually also a strong White Mage element to the character. The lower-class name for a Summoner is called an "Evoker".

Wizard
    Burst Moves: Frostbolt (Ice), Shadow Bolt (Shadow), Fireball(Fire)

Forms of Steady Damage: Affliction (Shadow), Burning(Fire),

Utility Moves: Frost Nova, Warp, Mana Bubble, Demon Pets(Summoner)

Buffs: +Int

Debuffs: Different Depending on Spec

Trees: PvP (Burst, Slows and survival, speed, bubble efficiency), PvE (Sustained Damage), Summoner

Frost/Fire/Shadow/Demonology/Necromancing/ Think of more, the more the better...

Last edited by Kejin on June 3rd 2009, 12:40 pm; edited 13 times in total
    Dustin Teh Ubermister
    [Rookie]

Sticky Re: -Wizard Class-

Post by Dustin Teh Ubermister May 5th 2009, 8:40 pm

What no lightning? Course theres no lightning. There never really is lightning anymore. Its always fire, water/ice wind, dark, healing, but no lightning, never any lightning. Care to explain before I put in my two cents? (assuming that this is where I do so.)

Last edited by Lovely Elevator on May 6th 2009, 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kejin
    Kejin
    [Admin]

Post by Kejin May 6th 2009, 1:10 pm

<font color=#aa0000>Try explaining all the neat things a wizard can do with lighting, including strengths and weaknesses.</font>

Last edited by Kejin on May 9th 2009, 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Color Change)
    Dustin Teh Ubermister
    [Rookie]

Post by Dustin Teh Ubermister May 6th 2009, 3:24 pm

Well as a basic answer, Lightning magic could either be an offensive magic whore, or a multiple enemy attacker. Either way the defects would be longer casting time and high energy cost.

Another thing; can we equip the Summoners with antother weapon other then staffs or rods (Ie. aswell as most likely candidate: Spears) , aswell as low to mid level non elemental magic attacks? I, and many others, enjoy having offensive abilities, and I enjoy having my head attatched to my shoulders, and my balls attatched to my crotch.

One last thing, non-elemental magic (Explain later when I find a way to.)

Last edited by Lovely Elevator on May 6th 2009, 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kejin
    Kejin
    [Admin]

Post by Kejin May 6th 2009, 4:58 pm

Weapons in themselves, alter the parry chance a player has. A dagger will have a lower parry chance than a giant staff. So sometimes a wizard will be able to parry an enemy's attack, saving his or her own hide.

But wizards are not wealthy in knowledge and skill of hand to hand combat, so their parry chance will be naturally low. I'm also thinking of allowing wizards to use low level shields (light shields that block miniscule amounts of damage), but they will not be able to wield a shield with a two handed weapons (staff), but with small spell weapons (spell 1h maces, spell daggers, spell 1h swords, etc)

Other ways that *all* wizards can defend themselves with, is with scarce amounts of "time magic." Moves such as Blink (a.k.a. teleport) will allow a wizard to move 10-20 yards away from their opponents, saving them from danger.

But some wizards have a specialized element, like ice, that they can use to slow down their melee-bound foes. Summoners will use their pets to slow down their opponents (pet uses hamstring or something).

The whole risk/reward thing for the wizard, is high damage/mobility for lack of physical defenses.

Last edited by Kejin on May 15th 2009, 10:28 am; edited 2 times in total
    Dustin Teh Ubermister
    [Rookie]

Post by Dustin Teh Ubermister May 6th 2009, 5:22 pm

You didnt asnwer my question for offensive magic (Or atleast I dont think you did.)

Last edited by Lovely Elevator on May 6th 2009, 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chisami
    Chisami
    [GM]

Post by Chisami May 6th 2009, 5:48 pm

Shama... Lighting Wizard lol! would be mostly a attacking advacment
    Kejin
    Kejin
    [Admin]

Post by Kejin May 6th 2009, 5:48 pm

What no lightning?
    <font color=#aa0000>Sorry for not answering this question, but you can still convice me of adding lightning to wizards, the only other class that can utilize this ability at the moment is Druids.</font>

Care to explain ...?
    <font color=#aa0000>Just didn't think about lightning, my bad.</font>

... can we equip the Summoners with antother weapon ... [?]
    <font color=#aa0000>I don't think so, unless you have a brilliant idea, your reasoning for wanting this was for self defense, but I expained self defense earlier.</font>

...aswell as [giving wizards] low to mid level non elemental magic attacks?"
    <font color=#aa0000>You mean like a "pure mana" ability? We can figure out how to do something like that, I'm thinking "pure mana" wands for when the wizard is out of mana or needs to use an ability that the enemy is not resistant to.</font>

Last edited by Kejin on May 9th 2009, 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dustin Teh Ubermister
    [Rookie]

Post by Dustin Teh Ubermister May 6th 2009, 6:10 pm

Kejin wrote:
    What no lightning?
    Sorry for not answering this question, but you can still convice me of adding lightning to wizards, the only other class that can utilize this ability at the moment is Druids.

Let me see here...

Wizards, epic bookworms
    Druids, tree huggers
    Wizards, All powerfull, all knowing gods of inner energy
    Duids, Animalists

.... I think its obvious as to whom should get the lightning magic.

As for a serious answer: What about the people who want to base there lightning on he offensive magical ability that mages are known for, instead of the transforming, (most likley furry) Druids?
    Chisami
    Chisami
    [GM]

Post by Chisami May 9th 2009, 3:17 pm

Druids also have the power of life and nature i.e lighting fyi
    Dustin Teh Ubermister
    [Rookie]

Post by Dustin Teh Ubermister May 9th 2009, 3:53 pm

If they can harness the power of nature then why cant they use fire, water, & wind magic?
    Chisami
    Chisami
    [GM]

Post by Chisami May 9th 2009, 3:59 pm

Nature is life and growth and the cycle of time that doesn't include the elements
    Dustin Teh Ubermister
    [Rookie]

Post by Dustin Teh Ubermister May 9th 2009, 4:14 pm

Lightning is an element... But storms generate lightning.... You win this round [Hunny]

Last edited by Kejin on May 9th 2009, 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Shouldn't be using real names.)
    Chisami
    Chisami
    [GM]

Post by Chisami May 9th 2009, 4:17 pm

Lovely Elevator wrote:Lightning is an element... But storms generate lightning.... You win this round [Hunny]
    I win EVERY round pleae see sig below
    Dustin Teh Ubermister
    [Rookie]

Post by Dustin Teh Ubermister May 9th 2009, 4:19 pm

Lightning CAN be considered as an element though, and fire and water CAN be part of nature.
    Chisami
    Chisami
    [GM]

Post by Chisami May 9th 2009, 4:23 pm

Lighting is nature fire comes from humaniods misuse of it water in it's purest form is not a elmental after humanoid corrpution nature granted it a sort of will with which to defend itself. Also My logic is better Twisted Evil
    Dustin Teh Ubermister
    [Rookie]

Post by Dustin Teh Ubermister May 9th 2009, 4:28 pm

Your logic is only better because I have non... freaking monkeys wont stop using the pudding in my bathroom as an aphrodisiac.
    Chisami
    Chisami
    [GM]

Post by Chisami May 9th 2009, 4:34 pm

Evil or Very Mad Lets get back on topic Evil or Very Mad
    Kejin
    Kejin
    [Admin]

Post by Kejin May 9th 2009, 7:29 pm

So, let me change my statement a little bit.

Druids --> Life Magic (unless they specialize in elemental magics, then they turn into "pikachus, squirtles and ivisaurs."

Shaman --> Elemental Magic (unless they specialize in life magic, then they can do powerful heals and stuff)

Wizards --> Elemental and Light/Anti-Light magic (So I guess that inlcudes: Lightning, Water/Ice, Fire, & other odd elements; Shadow & Light)

Last edited by Kejin on May 15th 2009, 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chisami
    Chisami
    [GM]

Post by Chisami May 11th 2009, 7:16 am

Kejin wrote:So, let me change my statement a little bit.

Druids --> Life Magic (unless they specialize in elemental magics, then they turn into "pikachus, squirtles and ivisaurs."

Shaman --> Elemental Magic (unless they specialize in life magic, then they can do powerful heals and stuff)

Wizards --> Elemental and Light/Anti-Light magic (So I guess that inlcudes: Lightning, Water/Ice, Fire, & other odd elements; Shadow & Light)

You can't learn nature magic from a book it must be taught by the elements themselfs which only appear to druids and shamans since they have a spirt link with that relem
    Dustin Teh Ubermister
    [Rookie]

Post by Dustin Teh Ubermister May 15th 2009, 8:49 am

That all Depends upon the mythology and storyline. Since we dont even have a FULL storyline yet (as far as I know) such a rule shouldnt apply, YET.
    Kejin
    Kejin
    [Admin]

Post by Kejin May 15th 2009, 10:30 am

We're working on it... please contribute more races... when I feel we've reached a resolution the story will continue.
    Chisami
    Chisami
    [GM]

Post by Chisami May 22nd 2009, 5:24 pm

Dustin Teh Ubermister wrote:That all Depends upon the mythology and storyline. Since we dont even have a FULL storyline yet (as far as I know) such a rule shouldnt apply, YET.

Well I've whiped up a story involing elemental masters long story short The Grand Nature elemental controlls Nature magic and only speaks with shamans and druids becuase of the actions of the 3rd World war
    Confused? confused GOOD o_o

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 17th 2024, 8:01 am