My Fantasy MMORPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
My Fantasy MMORPG

A community of people who want to create a great fantasy online role playing game.
What's your fantasy?

-Skill Scrolls-

Kejin
    Kejin
    [Admin]

Sticky -Skill Scrolls-

Post by Kejin March 23rd 2009, 1:13 am

Yggdrasil wrote: ....2. memorization: most useful method can't be used on its own. determines how many times one has to hear a specific song in order to learn it. increases the SR level that a player can use

3. Sight reading: allows players to buy written music and perform it if they have a high enough SR level to read it.

4 Improvisation: allows players to create songs and melodies at random. effects of songs based on improvisation level and scale used(each scale will have its own sub level)

5. compostition: allows players to write music(not knowing their effects until affter written) simmilar to improvisation, but the songs created can be repeated and even sold or traded. interactive?....

On that note, we can also have epic skills found on low drop scrolls off of mobs (that would be smart enough to have written it) for players to upgrade their skills to the highest level. It would be a great economical stimulation. I don't know what exactly we'll put on these scrolls but it's an idea.

Here's my response to the post:
    Kejin wrote:Those are very good ideas, it could work how "Skill in weapons" works in world of warcraft, exept goes up with what you said there, and there's a very good economical use to it too, but I don't want to give random work random spells, there's have to be some kind of mechanics to the notes they put down on scroll paper and how they alter the benefit/drawback to the song.

Maybe instead of writing something specific they have a chance to write something weak, something mediocre, something good, and something epic (super low chance), so that they cannot just replicate the epicness infinitely, doing that would keep the prices on mediocre, supers and epics high, we can also used the weak songs to train scrub bards' "skill in reading" to keep those prices stable.

This is connecting together economically in my head (which I'm very oriented around, economy is the 2nd most important thing to a game, imo, first being the gameplay)