My Fantasy MMORPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
My Fantasy MMORPG

A community of people who want to create a great fantasy online role playing game.
What's your fantasy?

4 posters

origion story sumarry Part I

Yggdrasil
    Yggdrasil
    [GM]

Normal origion story sumarry Part I

Post by Yggdrasil October 25th 2009, 1:13 am

Before the invasion of the iron Cyclopes, the many races of this earth lived, dispersed into tribes. Some lived in harmony others at war. For the most part tribes kept to themselves in terms of relationships, though affairs from other tribes. Through these the mul and the half-elf were born. Rarely did these affairs end in marriage. Usually tribe restrictions prohibited these, but some ancient scriptures did show drwaven fathers and elven mothers living with their child’s tribe (only human women could give birth to muls and only elven mothers to half elves). Despite these few examples of tolerance these half-breeds were often treated as second class citizens since they lacked the intelligence of their mothers races forced fight as barely trained warriors (used as cannon fodder) or in less war minded tribes left to fend for themselves as thieves.

Needless to say, a tribe’s ability to grow was directly proportionate to their ability to survive. Around the time of the invasion there were 4 note worthy tribes that had the greatest influence. The most powerful and rapidly growing was the warlike Kousen tribe that grew exclusively through threats intimidation and flat out war. Led by the mighty warrior Kejin the 100 man slayer, they were terrifying, though their leader did have a soft side. He was also a “talented” poet.

The second most noteworthy was the Mahou tribe led by the benevolent Chisami. Through kindness stability (Chisami’s tribe had developed a system of agriculture unparalleled by even today’s standards, they were no longer left to fend for themselves as nomads as 2/3rds of the tribes at the time) and protection from the Kousen. Chisami was a powerful wizard capable of “annoying Kejin until he gave up”
    Another noteworthy power was more of a cult than a tribe. Yggdrasil was an exiled elf who had an encyclopedic knowledge of medicine(he was exiled for conducting “anatomical studies” on cadavers of the various races he bought through “questionable means”) , alchemy (which at the time was unrespected as “fake magic”) and music(this was called his craziest pursuit as it was thought to have almost no practical application). He was also skilled in the arts of magic and hand to hand combat (though certainly not enough to compete with his competitors). When exiled he took with him an army of likeminded elves and half-elves. His army grew as he promised various muls and half-elves a judgement free place to live and human bards and alchemists a place where they would be respected. Once he had large enough tribe he decided to prove to his exilers that he wasn’t crazy by… wait for it... Creating an army of human/ hybrids. These included hybrids with horses(centaurs) cats(nekoids) and birds(Kenku). The cat and horse hybrids each had their own special skill sets(the cat Nekoids had impeccable vision agility and claws, while the centaur created a much more efficient calvalry) the Kenku were made simply because he could.

The parallel to these tribes were the draknoids and revenants who lived together and were believed to be decendants of the gods themselves. They ran a utopian civilization autonomous of and untouchable by the “lesser races.” Though the draknoids did make themselves known to man delivering aid to tribes deemed worthy or preventing those foolish enough to attempt to do so from entering their realm, the revenants remained the stuff of legend for quite some time.
    Dustin Teh Ubermister
    [Rookie]

Normal Re: origion story sumarry Part I

Post by Dustin Teh Ubermister October 26th 2009, 7:07 pm

epic but now that Dragon Age: Origins is coming out if you use the phrase "Origin Story" were screwd
    Yggdrasil
    Yggdrasil
    [GM]

Post by Yggdrasil October 29th 2009, 1:37 am

that shouldn't b a problem since this is litterally our origion story, not some BS spinoff
    Kejin
    Kejin
    [Admin]

Post by Kejin November 1st 2009, 12:28 pm

No no, can't you see that Yggdrasil already thought of that and purposefully mispeled it to look like "origion," instead of "origin"
    Yggdrasil
    Yggdrasil
    [GM]

Post by Yggdrasil November 5th 2009, 2:51 am

i have failed you sixth grade english leachetr
    Chisami
    Chisami
    [GM]

Post by Chisami November 9th 2009, 6:41 pm

I truely dislike the idea of one person being the creator of beastfolk far to much power in my opinion and "annoying kejin untill he gave up" Chisami is suppost to have gained her rank through yes being bevolent but she still have the mindset of a developing child so quite a lot of flaws in this work on it and we can work on our collective ideas at a later date
    Yggdrasil
    Yggdrasil
    [GM]

Post by Yggdrasil November 10th 2009, 9:48 am

did you not notice that this in the "vague as shit" genre. expand make plot develop characters

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 1:59 pm