My Fantasy MMORPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
My Fantasy MMORPG

A community of people who want to create a great fantasy online role playing game.
What's your fantasy?

3 posters

Geography

Kejin
    Kejin
    [Admin]

Sticky Geography

Post by Kejin May 2nd 2009, 11:49 am

So I have been working on a world map and I need to write down all the posible terrains are. Please post if you have any suggestions, I want to include all forms of terrain in our game.

Forest (Woods)
    Tropical Forest (Jungle)
    Enchanted Forest

Swamp

Desert
    Desolate Wasteland
    Graveyard

Grassland
    Tundra
    Iceland

Cave
    Mountain
    Plateau
    Volcano

Burnt Grounds

Demon Lands
    Yggdrasil
    Yggdrasil
    [GM]

Sticky Re: Geography

Post by Yggdrasil May 2nd 2009, 12:26 pm

at the core of the map should be forest and grassland with a few patches of graveyard(logically with whatever epic war had occured, there would be casualties). the forest should fade into grasslands and all grass would fade to dessert(withing which small plateaus would inevatibly exist), eventually leading into tundra which would appear before an encricleing mountain range isolating players from the outside world. faction pending, you would theoretically climb a mountain to reach your respective plateau defeat a boss(presumably your initial trainer) who would allow you into a network of caves that would take you into the next section of the map, most likelt a grassland that would lead into a forest that would take you to civilization again forest like grounds(swap tropical should exist in the southern section of the world tundra to the north and dessert to the east and west(these are generalities and it would ultimately depend on the size of our world.) eventuall expanding into delolate wasteland and a volcano range that would mark the start of the demon lands. there you go a vague outlook on how the map will work. grasslands fade into forest and dessert tudra fades into dessert and mountains swamp should fade between sections of forest and particularly the "enchanted forests"
    Choas11111
    Choas11111
    [GM]

Post by Choas11111 June 6th 2009, 1:00 am

Crystal cave? ice island...mybe water elemental???

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content