My Fantasy MMORPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
My Fantasy MMORPG

A community of people who want to create a great fantasy online role playing game.
What's your fantasy?

4 posters

Warlocks

Choas11111
    Choas11111
    [GM]

Normal Warlocks

Post by Choas11111 September 11th 2009, 8:33 am

why dont we call the dark wizards Warlocks???? makes sense right???? lol!
    Dustin Teh Ubermister
    [Rookie]

Normal Re: Warlocks

Post by Dustin Teh Ubermister September 21st 2009, 3:37 pm

if youve read my D&D books you would know the differance.
    Kejin
    Kejin
    [Admin]

Post by Kejin September 23rd 2009, 11:55 pm

Because the actual "Warlock" would be the scholar that is specialized in demon & affliction rituals (found in various BOOKS). while a Shadow mage nukes like crazy and uses shadow magic.
    DatsTehUber
    DatsTehUber
    [Nub]

Post by DatsTehUber April 6th 2010, 8:35 pm

Actually i think a dark mage would be one to control "dark" thoughts while a warlock is someone who actually directly associates themselves with the power of evil and malicious demons. So... what john said >.>.
    Kejin
    Kejin
    [Admin]

Post by Kejin May 1st 2010, 12:38 am

Scholars just have a strong desire to master crazy complex subjects, being a powerful warlock happens to be a hard talent to develop. Mages have a strong urge to master great power, and specialize in an element and develop its abilities to the extreme, finding new and better ways to harness their potential. Fire Mages master the art of ultimate combustion. Frost Mages master the art of depressing the movements of their enemies and inflicting more pain using chilling mechanics of their frost magic. Thunder Mages want to find more efficient ways to get their damage to their location to increase the power of their electricity, so have their spellpower scale with mana efficiency, the less mana you spend per bolt, the stronger the bolt is.

Maybe giving a stat the power to reduce mana expenses, kinda like how the body pumps blood more efficiently, the healthier you make it (adding stats), so lets make char, int or whatever else increase mana efficiency, as apposed to a base mana gain, it will be one of those things you weigh into you builds, making our stats far more complex than any other games, making our players think hard about what they do to their characters. Other websites that are "wikis" of our game will be very complex, you can master everything there is to know about your classes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 11:19 pm